Peggy has a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling and an LPC designation under Missouri certificate/license.
She specializes in relationship counseling; premarital counseling, marital counseling and family counseling. All relationships possess the resources and the potential for resilience... the ability to withstand and bounce back from a crisis or adversity. Peggy believes that people already have within them the knowledge, inner resources, and life experiences they need to find the solution or "right way." Her role is to help them recognize their inner resources and apply them in their life and relationships.
Her qualifications include:
- Completed training and examinations required to become a Qualified Administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Instrument.
- As a strong advocate of premarital counseling/education, Peggy is trained as a facilitator for premarital couples in administering the FOCCUS Inventory (Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding and Study). FOCCUS is a self diagnostic inventory designed to help couples learn more about themselves and their unique relationship.
Completed Certified Training in:
- Couples in Crisis - Strategies for High-Conflict Relationships
- Psychology, Spirituality and Money
- Cultivating Connection in Emotionally Distressed Couples
- Advanced Mindfulness: Integrating Mindfulness, Meditation, & Cutting-Edge Neuroscience in the Treatment of Anxiety, Anger & Depression
- Therapy Boot Camp: Brief Treatment of Couples and Families
- Anxiety Treatment: Techniques that Really Work
- On Death and Grieving
- Beyond Compliments: Using Solution Focused Therapy Everyday
- Restoring & Revitalizing Marital Sexuality
- Helping Adult Clients Grow Up
- The Tranquil Brain
- The Immune System: The Mind-Body Connection - Who Gets Sick and Who Stays Well
- Group Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Interventions for Sexual Issues in Therapy
- Advanced Divorce Busting: Putting "Marriage" Back Into Marriage Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: The Basics of Helping People Get Better
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy & Mindfulness
- Anger, Forgiveness and the Healing Process
- Couples and Affairs: Managing the Clinical Challenges
- Happiness: How Positive Psychology Changes Our Lives
- Keeping Love Alive
- Couple & Marital Therapy - Assessment Interventions & Relapse Prevention Strategies
- Pathways to Possibilities with Difficult Cases
- New Approaches in Understanding, Assessing, and Treating Persons who Self-Harm
In addition, Peggy advances the awareness of hormonal connections in the balance of mind, body and spirit.
Peggy is a member of:
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- Missouri Mental Health Counselors Association
- The American Mental Health Counselors Association
OUT BEYOND IDEAS OF WRONGDOING AND RIGHTDOING, THERE IS A FIELD. I WILL MEET YOU THERE.